Anselm McDonnell ‘Light Of Shore’ Album Launch + works by Debussy & Messiaen Performed by Cahal Masterson (Piano)
FRI 8 OCT, 2021 | THE SONIC LAB | 7.30PM (DOORS), £7 BOOK HERE
PLEASE NOTE: updated C19 policy at the bottom of the page
This launch will begin with a short discussion with Anselm about the launch of his debut album ‘Light of Shore’ and his will be joined by Cahal Masterson (piano). Anselm and Cahal have both featured on Moving on Music’s Emerging Artist Programme, part of which involved Anselm composing a piano suite for Cahal, which is featured on the album. Cahal will give the world premiere of this work ‘Ceaselessly into the past’, alongside Debussy’s ‘Children’s Corner Suite’ and Messiaen’s ‘Préludes pour piano’.
Anselm McDonnell (Composer)
Composer Anselm McDonnell releases his debut album ‘Light of Shore’ featuring works for solo instruments & electronics responding to themes of Irish/Welsh heritage and faith.
The double-disc album will be released through his own label, available on all platforms from 8th October 2021.
Anselm is an Irish/Welsh composer and guitarist based in Belfast, Northern
Ireland. He studied at Queen’s University Belfast and Cardiff University and was described as ‘an emerging composer with a great deal of confidence and promise’ by Michael Lee in
‘Light of Shore’ was recorded in New York, Belfast, Murcia and Abergavenny during the first few months of 2021 after 18 months of planning in collaboration with Moving on Music.
Cahal Masterson (Pianist)
A pianist of growing reputation, Cahal has performed throughout Europe and North America, as well as Suzhou, China. In May 2019 he graduated with a master’s in music performance from Shenandoah Conservatory in Virginia, USA as one of a select number of full scholarship students. His inaugural album Transition at Sono marked the beginning of his journey as a professional pianist. During his return to NI he has worked with aspiring music students by delivering concert previews and piano workshops in secondary schools throughout the region.
Covid-19 Audience Updated Policy
Following Local Government Guidance, our Covid-19 policy has been updated.
We can new host seated shows at higher capacity. In advance of your visit there are a number of things you need to know.
All ticket holders aged 18 and over, will need to provide ONE of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination – both doses received (A full 14 days must have passed since the final dose of COVID-19 vaccine was received)
- Proof of a negative NHS Lateral Flow Test taken no more than 24 hours prior to attending the event
- Proof of natural immunity antibodies based on a positive NHS PCR test result for COVID-19, lasting for 180 days after the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period
Additional measures to keep you and our staff team safe:
- We ask that you are respectful of others and keep your distance from other people are you move through the venue
- We ask that you sanitise you hands on arrival and regularly wash and sanitise you hands throughout your visit
- Face coverings are required and should be worn on arrival
- We will have enhanced cleaning before and after events and additional sanitisation during events
- Staff and security staff will be to hand to help manage queues and the movement of people through the venue
- Contact details of visitors to the venue will be retained for Track and Trace purposes. Please scan the QR code on arrival. Date is held in line with GDPR.
It goes without saying, but please do not attend if you are showing any Covid-19 symptoms.